The OPEIU Local 6 and Massachusetts Trial Court & Welfare Fund is having an open enrollment period from October 18, 2021 through November 30, 2021. All changes and additions that you make will be effective on January 1, 2022.
For more information and the Enrollment/Change form, please click on the links below.
The Enrollment/Change form is also the same form to be used for those members who are enrolling in the plan. Questions on all dental/vision matters should be directed to the OPEIU Local 6 Trust Fund line at 781-843-3820.
1. STATUS QUO UNTIL APRIL 5, 2021
In the interest of the safety of court staff, court users and the public, trial court departments shall maintain the current level of court business and Departmental Standing Orders shall remain status quo until April 5, 2021. Managers shall staff court offices in teams with a cap of no more than 50% of staff working in a court department or office at any time. In the event a court department or office within a court department is not able to conduct the business described in the Departmental Standing Order while maintaining the 50% staffing cap the manager of the court department shall contact the Chief Justice of the Department, the Commissioner of Probation, the Director of Security or Director of Facilities, as applicable, who may waive the 50% cap, if the situation warrants.Read more…
- Court receives notification of a positive test of a staff person
- Manager completes detailed fact-finding form with the individual to identify close contacts
- CDC definition of close contact > More than 15 minutes at less than 6 feet distance over a 24-hour period
- Manager requests written permission to share name with other managers in the office to address any concerns
- Manager consults with HR to assess need to close a courthouse using CDC guidelines
- HR makes recommendation to Associate Court Administrator who seeks concurrence from Chief Justice and Court Administrator
Dear Sisters & Brothers
Yesterday, the Trial Court issued an updated 90-Day Operational Plan and an Overview of its process for handling court closures, cleaning buildings and contact tracing analysis when an employee tests positive for COVID-19. Local 6 has advocated for and supports the Trial Court’s decision to extend its reduced staffing model through April 5, 2021. Throughout the resurgence of COVID-19 cases over the past few months, we have worked closely with Trial Court leadership in an effort to keep our members on rotating schedules and working in limited capacities wherever possible. We will continue to monitor COVID-19 trends and make recommendations to the Trial Court to ensure that appropriate actions are taken to protect your health and safety while at work.Read more…
Due to COVID-19, as well as Governor Baker’s order limiting the number of people at gatherings, we are cancelling the OPEIU Local 6 General Membership meeting that was scheduled for 1/12/2021.