OPEIU Local 6
June 17, 2014
Local 6 members ratify new contract
The members of OPEIU Local 6 have voted in favor of the agreement reached with the Trial Court a new three-year agreement from July 1, 2014 to June 17, 2017. Ratification votes were held across the state in Woburn, Northampton, Westborough, and Quincy.
Highlights of the new contract include:
- 9-percent increase in all steps over three years as follows: 1.5% in July 2014, 1.5% in January 2015, 1.5% in July 2015, 1.5 % in January 2016, 1.5% in July 2016, and 1.5% in January 2017.
- Establishment of a review committee to work on a Classification Improvement Plan to evaluate positions, duties, classifications, and pay scales.
- Right to use vacation days in half-hour increments.
- An additional vacation day or extra day’s pay for employees who use 3 or fewer sick-leave days in a year.
- Increase in shift differential from $0.75 to $1.00.
- Joint Labor Management Committee for Court Interpreters
The Trial Court will be forwarding this contract to the Governor shortly, for submission to the legislature for funding.
Please post and circulate.