The following list of legislation is for informational purposes only, since this legislation affects the terms and conditions of employment for our public sector members.
SD. 1241: An Act Relative to Collective Bargaining Dues (Senator Boncore)
HD. 302: An Act Relative to Collective Bargaining Dues (Rep. Chan)
This bill represents the consensus public sector response to the Janus Supreme Court ruling, and is identical to the version that passed the state senate on July 31st, 2018
- Protects the privacy of personal contact information for public employees
- Ensures certain union access to public sector worksites, including the right to meet with newly hired employees
- Clarifies the terms of union membership/payroll deduction of union dues
- Allows unions the option of charging non-members for the costs of representation during the grievance or arbitration process.
SD. 1838: An Act Reforming the Group Insurance Commission (Senator Friedman)
HD. 3115: An Act Relative to Group Insurance Commission Composition and Transparency (Rep. Capano)
- Seeks to make representation on the Group Insurance Commission more fair to active employees and retirees by adding two additional labor seats
- Ensures that Commissioners are provided with advance notice and relevant information prior to votes substantially altering health care plan designs, costs, or offerings.
SD. 1299: An Act Limiting Out of Pocket Health Expenses (Senator Feeney)
HD. 1606: An Act Limiting Out of Pocket Health Expenses (Rep. Mark)
- Caps annual out-of-pocket healthcare expenses at $2,500 for individuals and $5,000 for families enrolled in Group Insurance Commission Health Insurance Plans.
SD. 1485: An Act Relative to Group Insurance Commission Premium Contributions (Senator Friedman)
HD. 1597: An Act Establishing Fairness in Group Insurance Commission Premium Contributions (Rep. Mark)
- Equalizes all state employees at a 20% health insurance premium contribution.
SD. 1298: An Act Relative to Group Insurance Commission Procurement (Sen. Feeney)
- Exempts proposals and bids made or recieved by the Group Insurance Commission, as well as the commission’s communications made in connection with reviewing proposals and bids, from public procurement laws that prevent this information from being shared with Commissioners and the public
HD. 288: An Act Protecting the Right to Strike (Rep. Connolly)
- This bill would provide public employees and public employee organizations with the right to engage in a strike.